Friday, November 27, 2015

European Vacation 2015


This summer, Diane and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary.  It was pretty low key, but cool nonetheless.  All seven of the young couples whom we have taken through premarital classes came over in late June for a backyard cookout and conversation.  It was sweet, and a lovely way to remember 4 decades of married life. We had decided to delay the big destination anniversary celebration until Fall, when I knew that I would be in London anyway for my annual business trip there.  Saves on one plane ticket, anyway! 

So, in October, I went to London as usual, and we agreed to rendezvous in Amsterdam (doesn't that sound romantic?  "Meet me in Amsterdam, baby").  From there we boarded a Viking River Cruise ship (yes, just like on PBS) and cruised southbound up the Rhine for a week to Basel, Switzerland.  From there, we switched to train travel for the next week through the Swiss and Austrian Alps, staying in AirBnb locations while we visited Salzburg, Vienna, Neuschwanstein, and Bavaria before heading home from Munich.

Photos taken with my trusty Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are here, should readers care to peruse.  They are pretty much in date order, so you can progress with us from London to the cities on the Rhine to the mountains and cities of southern Germany and Austria.  For the rest of this blog space I show only a small selection of my very favorites:








 
 





























 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment