Friday, April 21, 2023

Memoirs and Musings

While wintering in Texas the last two years, I've spent time working on my memoirs, which are little more than one-page vignettes of various aspects of my earlier life - curated memories.  I have about 100 pages now, and am current through this year.  Of course, I'll keep writing as new ones are created, but who knows how long that will be, right?  I'm thinking another 17 years or so, if the actuarial tables are right.

So, that goes some of the way to explaining why there has been precious little activity on this site lately.  But there will be more soon enough.  At church, the pastors are preaching through Proverbs, and that prompted an idea for more content here.  I've used the Notes feature on my cell phone to record ideas that I want to retain, but who looks at my cell phone but me?  Better to transfer them to this blog and store them here.  After all, blogs seem pretty permanent right now, and require no maintenance or subscription fees, so... why not?  

Stay tuned for some random thoughts over the next several weeks.  They may not all be profound, but they seemed worth retaining at the time I thought them.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment